Are unique 'full_refresh_threshold:' supported on a by-provider basis or is only one specification applied to all providers in an appliance?

Question: are unique ‘full_refresh_threshold:’ supported on a by-provider basis or is only one specification applied to all providers in an appliance?

in the current CFME product there appears to be only one place to specify a value for the ems_refresh worker ‘full_refresh_threshold:’. Is it possible to specify a unique value for each provider type and have each different threshold honored?

It appears that implementors are encountering situations where they are configuring zones with multiple different providers in the same zone. These providers may be of tremendously different sizes, so that there is no one good setting for the ‘full_refresh_threshold:’ for all provider instances active in the zone. This is a question to determine if specifying this value for each provider type will be honored and if not should it be added as a future enhancement?

@tch The value is for the whole worker and I don’t believe there is a breakdown by ems type. This sounds like a future enhancement request. You can open an enhancement issue on https://github.com/ManageIQ/manageiq.

FYI, in the future, a direct targeted question would be better asked on http://ask.manageiq.org.

In the future I will post to ask.manageiq.org, but I want to finish this conversation in this context.

For the sake of clarity, the term ‘worker’ is ambiguous in the CFME/ManageIQ context as sometimes it is intended to refer to an appliance (eg, in a ‘worker zone’) and sometimes it is intended to refer to a specific process within any appliance (eg, UI worker, generic worker, etc).

Please clarify if your intent was for ‘whole worker’ to mean the entire appliance or a worker in an appliance running the emsrefresh role.

From a developer perspective there is no ambiguity. A worker is always the latter. I don’t think we ever refer to an entire appliance as a worker.