Call vmcloudreconfigure from custom button

I want to create a custom button to trigger a reconfigure of a vm. we currently have about 150 flavors and want to create a dialog where the user just selects the cpu’s, memory and disk they want from a dropdown and then we determine the appropriate flavor and then call the reconfigure. I am not able to figure out where to point the button as when i do a regular reconfigure it seems to be triggered from an event. Appreciate any help on this.

I can’t find any good documentation on this one, or any documentation really…

The closest thing I found is this chapter in the Automate-Book. If you are lucky, $evm.execute supports vm_reconfiguration_request out of the box

If not you can try to create a VmReconfigureRequest from Automate using the Rails Object and start it by calling req.execute

Thanks for the reply. I have checked and the reconfigure request is not available from the $evm.execute. I am a bit new to manage IQ so would you be able to elaborate a little more on

" If not you can try to create a VmReconfigureRequest from Automate using the Rails Object and start it by calling req.execute"