CodeMirror Themes

Are there any plan to support CodeMirror themes besides eclipse in the future for the AE editor?

Any advice on where to start looking if I wanted to implement one?

Hey,
I’m not aware of any such plans now (I assume by support, you mean an ability to switch between themes in the UI?).

However, in manageiq-ui-classic

app/assets/javascripts/miq_application.js
1320:    theme: 'eclipse',

app/assets/stylesheets/application.css
17: *= require codemirror/theme/eclipse

If the theme you’d like to use already lives in vendor/assets/bower_components/codemirror/theme/, switching the theme should really be as easy as changing those 2 strings :slight_smile: .

Hope it helps!

Yes selectable themes is what I meant.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Sometimes it’s daunting to sift through all those includes.

Aah, any time :slight_smile:

To add to that, if you’re working on a UI to switch the default theme, it should be available from My Settingsapp/views/configuration/_ui_1.html.haml would be the haml to add the select to. (And you should be able to find a way to save that to the user’s settings in that code…)

Not having edited any of the application files before, I’m wondering if I would have to rebuild or recompile anything after making changes to any of these files.

If you’re running in development mode, no need to do anything :).

If you’re running on an appliance however, you would need to do rake evm:compile:assets and rake evm:restart after every change…

Great, thanks for the info. I’m working with a CloudForms Appliance.

Worked like a charm :grinning:

The command is actually rake evm:assets:compile if I recall correctly.
Had a slight issue when there wasn’t enough space on the logical volume to compile, but rake assets:clean[1] took care of that.