In the 5.10 release of CFME we are consolidating the email methods into a single method and using instances for configuring the email. The email method is a built in method that gets directly called by the Automation Engine once it has all of the email parameters (to, from, subject, body, signature) defined in the instance. The parameters can be optionally configured using a method before calling the mail method. The default email parameters can be defined in /ManageIQ/Configuration/Email/default instance and used in the different email instances. It allows for a single location to configure default parameters (from, signature, default_recipient).
- If you modified any state machines in your custom domain(s), this may override some of the new wiring. You might need to modify the EmailOwner value in your state machine. The EmailOwner value should be /System/Notification/Email/… You can look at the EmailOwner value in the ManageIQ domain for what needs to be modified in your custom state machine. All state machine changes were made in the class schema with the exception of the GenericLifecycle state machine. This change is only for the provision instance and not the class, so only the provision instance was updated. (/ManageIQ/Service/Generic/StateMachines/GenericLifecycle.class).
How to customize
- Copy /ManageIQ/Configuration/Email/Default to a custom domain.
- Edit Configuration/Email/Default in customer domain.
- Enter value for fields: approver, default_recipient, from and signature.
- Fields cc and bcc are not enabled currently.
- Only the emails that were enabled previously are enabled now. Emails that were not enabled before will have a value of #stop_email in the mail_method.
- To modify any of the instances, copy the instance from the ManageIQ domain to your custom domain. Edit instance and make your changes.
- If you want stop any email, use the assertion field (sendmail) and change to false. There are other ways of stopping emails but this is the most efficient.
- If you want to stop emails for one instance, copy instance from the ManageIQ domain to your custom domain. Edit instance and change the sendmail field to ‘false’.
- If you want to stop emails for all instances, copy all instances from ManageIQ domain to your custom domain. Edit schema and change the sendmail field to ‘false’.
- If you want to send emails for one instance that is currently disabled, copy instance from the ManageIQ domain to your custom domain. Edit instance and delete the value ‘#stop_email’.