Customise provider add

ui
automate

How can we add customise provider kind of Digital Ocean? As there have no class or method define for add these providor?

Documentation for creating a new provider

cc @blomquisg

Hi @vinay,

At the moment, adding new providers to ManageIQ requires knowing quite a bit about the internal data model, as well as how to collect and store Inventory, Metrics, and Events from the provider.

If you want to try to add Digital Ocean as a new provider, you might want to take a look at the OpenStack Provider implementation or the Amazon Provider Implementation for inspiration.

If you need help getting started, you can find most of the developers of ManageIQ in Gitter. I am @blomquisg in Gitter.

If you’re looking for a roadmap of when we might add Digital Ocean, I’m not sure there are any immediate plans in place for Digital Ocean support at the moment.

Hope that helps!

Greg Blomquist (@blomquisg)

I can also share a guide that was written some time ago that maps important points and steps noted when implementing the hawkular/middleware provider.

https://hawkular.gitbooks.io/hawkular-docs/content/mw_manager_developer_guide/topics/mw_provider.html

please note that live metrics is a specific feature of this provider, and other providers have different ways of working with metrics.