Need to know up to what extent the following things
are doable in CloudForms (underlying hypervisors would be mix of
Hyper-V, VMWare, RHEV).
- Traditional Data Center IP Management – “In traditional DC where IPs are VLAN based
and dedicated per rack, the scenario is to do IP allocations to guest.”
- Custom probes for monitoring VM data transfer Volume – “In hosting scenarios, it is necessary to know amount of data transfer done by a Guest over network (bandwidth)”
- Guest DISKs online migration to different data stores or clusters – “In maintenance scenario, the Guests disks are moved to a better performance shared storage device”
- Policy driven Online Auto Sizing | Online Auto Vertically Scaling Guests
- CPU Pin for Guest – “In cases of licensed softwares running inside
Guest VM, they are usually socket/core based. E.g Oracle Softwares.
Thus, sometimes it is necessary to dedicated underlying threads to
Virtual Machines & avoid sharing CPU threads.”