How to export EVM User from Access Control

Is there someone knows how to export EVM User information from Access Control item of Manageiq?
Once I download the ova file from website, and deploy it to vmware, I need to input the users informations one by one,
now we have more than 1000 items need to be input to manageiq, i guess someone maybe have the same issue, please kindly share me your expirence, thanks in advance!

Hi @victor

What is your question exactly ?
From your post content, looks like you are asking for automatic way to import batch of users.

Hi T J,
Thanks for your quick reply.
In my side,I have two manageiq systems, one system has more than 1000 users account, now I need to export all the users information then import this to another manageiq system, but I can’t find a way to export these user informations, so would u please give me a hand?

You Need To Explore VMDB Of Manageiq I am not sured but may be there you could find user’s creation database file than copy that file and migrate to second manageiq. :slight_smile:

I have try to backup VMDB by PGAdmin tool, but when restore this backup DB to a new Manageiq server, it will be damaged and even can’t open the manageiq webpage. :frowning:

Dont take all the back of vmdb just try find in postrgresql directory the files are created there of access control.

There is no any option for migrating one manageiq users data to another. You have to search all the access control information which are created by postgresql and sssd,ldap and kerberos are used to manage and aunthentication of the user creation all information whether its is role,tags etc.

Thanks, will try that! :slight_smile:

Finally i have found the way victor… the user’s data is stored in postgresql.
@victor you can export, and import the user table but I think its best to export the whole database and imported in the new environment
to export the whole database
#pg_dump -v -F custom -h localhost -p 5432 -U root -f “output_file” vmdb_production;
export the user table
#pg_dump -F c vmdb_production -t users > users.sql