@adambethuggin It sounds like you are using the "old" replication worker rather than the new replication configuration.
I'm working on adding some explicit deprecation for the replication worker, but if you're just looking at replication for the first time, there is a separate UI for configuring "new" replication.
Given the point you are at now, there would be a few steps to get new replication working, you would have to:
- Disable the role
- Uninstall replication on the regions (
vmdb && bin/rake evm:dbsync:uninstall)
- Enable new replication on the regions
- Settings -> Region -> Replication Tab
- Set type to "Remote"
- On the master region go to the same tab
- Set type to "Global"
- Add dsn information for all regional databases
This route doesn't use a replication worker and doesn't require that the role is enabled.
Let me know if this makes sense and if there is anything else I can do.