Name of H Release

Update Nov 21: With voting now closed, the H-Release for ManageIQ will be named: Hammer!

Vote for the H-Release name!!! While we close in on the Gaprindashvili release. It’s time to think about what we will name the H Release. In keeping with our nomenclature of using chess grandmasters and world champions as release names, here are the proposed names for the H Release:

• Jon Ludvig Hammer
  • Pentala Harikrishna
  • Robert Hess
  • Vlastimil Hort
  • Yifan Hou

0 voters

Votes entered by Friday, November 17th will be tallied and the name will be announced on Monday November 20th.

Here is some excellent background information on each of our candidates.

I voted for the shortest one, to compensate for the “G” one :wink:

Finally a fellow countryman. Hort for the win! :slight_smile:

Clearly it should be Hammer so we can say that it’s Hammer time.

@miq-bot it's hammer time

*bot adds Hammer label*

Send a PR :slight_smile:

Not to steal John’s thunder, but I voted for Hou not because its the shortest name, but because she was the youngest ever to win the Women’s World Chess Championship, as well as the youngest female player ever to qualify for the title of Grandmaster. The fact that she would give us a 3-character name after making everyone type Gaprindashvilli for some time is only icing on the cake.

I like Hammer because to me it’s a symbolic name with respect to the rearchitecture we are planning. Like, we’re bringing the hammer down on the application.

Plus, emojis :hammer: :hammer_and_pick: :hammer_and_wrench: :hammer: :hammer_and_pick: :hammer_and_wrench:

Was thinking exactly the same :slight_smile:

Nice,…86 votes in just under a week!

If you haven’t had a chance to vote, you have one more week to do so.
Voting ends Nov 17.

Another vote for Hou, in addition to all the great reasons @Thomas_Heute and @jerrykbiker mentioned, she shares my sister’s first name! (well, ok, actually different Chinese characters, but same romanization “Yifan”.) My sister is also born in the year of the sheep/goat à la George :smile:

Today’s the last day to vote for the name of our H-Release.
Get those votes in so we can hammer out who the winner will be. :wink: