Newbie AWS chargeback question

Hello, I’m trying to create a chargeback report for an EC2 instance. Since AWS charges based off of hourly usage, I tried creating the report based off of a chargeback rate created with the fixed compute cost. I followed adlinix’s advice below:

However, my report keeps coming back empty. Is there something I’m missing? I assigned an existing instance with the t2_large tag, set the created chargeback rate assignment to that tag, and then tagged the correct instance. Is there some literature on this?

Hello Slee,

Are you able to see the preview(cloudintel->reports->reports-> select the chargeback report and go to edit) in the edit section, preview of chargeback report?

Hey geek-man,
Nope. It just shows an empty table

Edit:
I take that back, I checked and it’s working now. I guess it took a while for the information to populate? (This was a little over 24 hrs).

Then, check your memory? If your memory is used more than 60%, no new workers are initiated and if your memory is used more than 80%, existing workers are terminated. So, check the memory usage with “free -h” command, if usage is more than 60%, double it.(This is the scenario if your chargeback rate sheets are populated correct and if you selected the tags and tenants in the report properly)

-Geek-Man

Hello @slee ,

how is it going? I wish you are good with the reports display.

Thanking you,
Geek-Man.

Thanks geek-man, it works well for the most part. I have a question about the storage chargebacks not showing for the AWS volumes in this thread. Any idea about that one?