thanks for the replies.
I’m trying to obtain a high level report to demonstrate we know what software is running in our containers and who it belongs to etc…
I thought a quick first attempt would be to flag what PID0 process is running. So i’ve attempted the following:
- “command line” and “entrypoint” but these are not great as you highlight,
- Tags - no consistency here just yet - i’m currently reworking our internal policies to enforce standards for tags (this will help in the long run!)
- image scanning - i’ve just enabled this so i’ll have a play with the outputs from the reports.
I’m seeing completely inconsistent results from my reports.
Some examples are:
- Provider Name is not always reported - some rows have it, some do not!
- Openshift Project Name - some rows have it populated and some dont
- Pod name - i’m seeing multiple entries of the same Pod name
- Container name - I’m seeing multiple entries of the same container name
- State - this varies but my main issue here is that the filter does not work on this column. I would like to just list “running containers” but the report ignores a filter and prints all.
I’ll upload a sample report to gist and share.