SCVMM Host setting error

Hello

i am integrating SCVMM 2012r2 with ManageIQ anand

was able to add infrastructure and it is able to detect the hosts and VM’s but when i try to edit host and give host credentials its not working , it showing error

ERROR – : MIQ(host_controller-update): Unexpected response returned from Cloud/Infrastructure Provider, see log for details

can some one help me in resolving this issue

SCVMM support is still experimental and in-dev.

what is the road map for SCVMM support? i guess cloudform 3.2 supports SCVMM.

than why not ManageIQ

@bronaghs @blomquisg Can you answer?

Direct support for HyperV, including validating host credentials, is not yet supported.
FYI SCVMM is supported in both CF and ManageIQ

Hope this helps.

@ bronaghs thanks for the replay

i am using SCVMM here
was able to add infrastructure and it is able to detect the hosts and VM’s but when i try to edit host and give host credentials its not working , it showing error

ERROR – : MIQ(host_controller-update): Unexpected response returned from Cloud/Infrastructure Provider, see log for details

how to resole this issue

hi Fryguy

can u Please let em know which version of SCVMM is supported

hi @Guru_Prasad

My reply above was in response to this question, editing host credentials is not supported (it should probably be disabled in the UI for now). Why are you trying to edit host credentials? Is it for SmartState analysis on the VMs running on the host? If so, this support is also not yet available.

ManageIQ supports SCVMM 2012 R2 only.

thanks

Hello bronaghs

thanks for the replay

Yes i was trying to add credentials to do smartstate analysis . when can we expect this function in SCVMM?

@Guru_Prasad - I do not know.

Maybe @rpo can provide an estimate?

regards,
B

SmartState analysis feature for SCVMM has been scoped, but work on it has not yet begun. This is a multi-sprint effort, so time till completion would be in the order of months.

Hello - I am using CloudForms 3.2 and am experiencing exaclty the same problem. Has 3.2 included support for this?

I btw get different errors depending on how I am adding username “domain\username” or “username@domain” format.

[----] W, [2015-08-25T18:25:19.079399 #7101:cdbea0] WARN – : MIQ(Host-Microsoft-verify_credentials): #<Errno::EPIPE: Broken pipe>
[----] E, [2015-08-25T18:25:19.082441 #7101:cdbea0] ERROR – : MIQ(host_controller-update): Unexpected response returned from Cloud/Infrastructure Provider, see log for details

[----] I, [2015-08-25T18:25:46.523133 #7101:cdbea0] INFO – : MIQ(Host-Microsoft-verify_credentials): Connecting to WMI to verify credentials: [hyperv01.hyperv.local] -[administrator]
[----] W, [2015-08-25T18:25:50.766054 #7101:cdbea0] WARN – : MIQ(Host-Microsoft-verify_credentials): #<NoMethodError: undefined method `collect’ for #String:0x00000011d49548>