I am new to manage IQ and i am attempting to setup a self service portal.
I found this post.
However after following the steps I am still unable to see my catalog items as a non-admin user.
Here are the steps i tried.
- Configuration -> Access Control -> Roles
- Roles -> Selected EvmRole-user_self_service -> Configuration -> Copy Role
- Role Information -> Access Restriction (Only User or Group Owned) - > Changed a couple of check marks. -> Add
- Groups -> Add Group (Configured Active Directory Group) -> Role set to previously created Role. -> Set Project/Tenant.
- Under Assign Filters - Selected only a specific department.
- Services -> Catalogs -> Catalog Items -> Configuration -> Add a new catalog Item
-> Red Hat Virtualization.
- Added Name -> Description -> Checked Display in Catalog -> Selected Catalog/Dialog -> Request Info -> Selected Template -> VM Name
- Set Environment -> Set Hardware - Set Network -> Set Schedule -> Add
- Selected New Template -> Policy -> Edit Tags -> Chose Department/Previously selected Department -> Save.
Signed into the Self Service Portal -> Service Catalogs and nothing showed.
Tried the following as well:
Checked User Settings to make sure user has the correct Tags/Groups.
Checked Compute -> Infrastructure -> Virtual Machines -> Templates -> Policies to make sure the template has the needed tags assigned. Also set template owner correct group.
Templates were created in Ovirt 4.2