Service Catalog doesn't provision vm_memory according to the one set in Vmware VM template

Hi All,

I’m running Botvinnik and created a Service Catalog item for provisioning a VM using Vmware template, i.e. RHEL with 4 vCPU and 16GB of memory. But when I provision VM using this Service Catalog, it only provision the VM with 4 vCPU and only 1GB of memory.

There is no issue with provisioning through Infra-VM provisioning dialogue; I got the correct amount of memory. Does anyone know what I have been missing?

Thanks

@gmccullough can you review this question from @alexander.halim and forward to a SME if necessary.

Hi @jprause @gmccullough

I have fixed my problem by specifying the CPU and Memory in the catalog item - request info - hardware section. Initially I thought ManageIQ was able to pick the no of CPU and amount of memory from the VM template. But it’s not the case.

Thank you

@alexander.halim If this is a strict requirement you can use Automate code in the provisioning workflow to examine the configuration of the template and set the request options to match.

Personally I like having the configuration in the catalog item so you can have a single template, but offer it in different sizes - as appropriate.