I’m trying to determine the best way to share Password attributes of class instances between different ManageIQ/CloudForms appliances.
- We have a team of several develops all working on the same code
- Password attributes have been populated for logins to share resources (databases, servers, etc…)
- Developers want to export and import automation databases between each other (sharing a common “core” database).
- Developers want to push these automation databases to test.
- Test databases then need to get pushed to production.
Problems we’re facing
- When exporting from one ManageIQ appliance into a different ManageIQ appliance, all of the “password” fields are reset. This means that sharing passwords between developers, or from development to test does not work.
- Exporting and importing on the same appliance works fine.
- What is the recommended way distribute “Password” attributes between appliances across the development, test, and production lifecycle?