UI integration for F5 and Infoblox

Is there a way to integrate F5 and infoblox infrastructures into CF/MIQ, to see pools, vips, and dns content relatives to VMs deployed by CF/MIQ?

Creating new manager and provider types, so these objects and their relationships are known by ManageIQ. And then all the graphical integration.

just to clarify, you mean that the feature is already available to integrate F5 & Infoblox as part of provider infrastructure?

No, I mean that it takes a lot of effort, as the current network oriented managers may not have all the features for Infoblox and F5. And whence they’ll have it one will still have to create the F5 and Infoblox providers. And just talking about Infoblox, it spans on many manager types: load balancer, DNS, IPAM…

Sorry for being sarcastic :slight_smile:

Thanks for the clarification, by any means do you know whether there is a roadmap for integrating these components are any other community project is going on for this integration.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the answers to your questions.
You may want to create an enhancement issue in the ManageIQ Github repository, so that it becomes visible to development team and is triaged.

It would be great to have Infoblox and F5 on board.

Normally there is two ways of integrating:

• Through automation you can execute actions on any box, and configure it, but you need some way to integrate with an inventory and you can’t know the status at any time.
  • You can create a new provider/provider type, but that is an effort that takes time. We have some providers that are being developed by their companies (see Nuage networking or Lenovo in the code), and some others are developed by third parties (i.e. vCloud Director or any of the providers developed by Red Hat)

If you know of a team that is willing to code a new provider, let us know and we will try to help.