Vmscan timeout setting

Anyone know where to set timeout for OpenStack VmScan?

One is take snapshot timeout, the current value is 600
[----] I, [2017-11-05T18:54:35.736097 #3948:11ef130] INFO -- : MIQ(MiqQueue.put) Message id: [5089819], id: [], Zone: [default], Role: [smartstate], Server: [], Ident: [generic], Target id: [], Instance id: [25], Task id: [], Command: [VmScan.signal], **Timeout: [600]**, Priority: [100], State: [ready], Deliver On: [], Data: [], Args: [:start_snapshot]

Another is total vmscan timeout 3000. I need to increase them for our environment. Thanks.
job timed out after 3020.049238964 seconds of inactivity. Inactivity threshold **[3000 seconds**]

There is not currently a value that can be set in the configuration for these timeouts. I’m curious, by the way as to why you believe the snapshot timeout needs to be changed - have you seen a snapshot actually time out?

Hi @jerrykbiker Yes for simple answer. We have ceph storage on some legacy HDD drives, so it’s slow.
At first, when I try to scan a VM with 20GB, I can see start snapshot from evm.log, but never see begin to scan, and then see timeout after 50 minutes. Later I try to scan a VM with 5GB, it’s successful. From the log, the snapshot takes about 5 minutes for 5GB. For larger volumes, we need more time. Thanks.

Hi @jerrykbiker

Thanks for the response.

> There is not currently a value that can be set in the configuration for these timeouts. 
  • Is there somewhere in miq ruby src tree we can modify timeout values ?