Voting on Name of F Release

Vote for the F-Release!!!

We are closing in on the final Euwe release. So, it’s time to think about how we will name the F Release. In keeping with our nomenclature of using chess grandmasters and world champions as release names, here are the proposed names for the F Release:

• Reuben Fine
  • Ben Finegold
  • Bobby Fischer
  • Salomon Flohr
  • Laurent Fressinet
  • Semyon Furman

0 voters

and here is some pretty interesting background information on our blog for each of the candidates:
http://manageiq.org/blog/2016/11/vote-on-naming-f-release/

Although I’d like to have a “Fine” release for the puns, there can be only one F name.

Imagine pun-tential!

@jrafanie that would be SUPER fine!

Wish I could change my vote…

:lion_face: :lion_face: :lion_face:

There’s really only one choice for me :slight_smile:

Fischer is well known, but his anti-semitism and general quackery in later years prevent me from voting for him. I personally find Reuben Fine to be the most well rounded invidual.

@AllenBW It let me change my vote. I want a Fine release. Puns and easy to spell.

@jrafanie CHANGED!

I’m ok waiting for double letter releases, Fi, to vote Fischer :laughing:

Fischer did act anti-semitic in later years, but he was also Jewish. Being nuts should not preclude you from voting for him. Some of my best friends are nuts. And if a fellow Jew can vote for an anti-semite, anyone can. Fine puns aside.

Thank you to all who have already voted!!!

As an aside that’s chess related,…Game 1 in NY of the World Chess Championship match between Magnus Carlsen and Sergey Karjakin was played on Friday, Nov 11. The game lasted four hours and was drawn after 42 moves. So each player received 1/2 point. The best of 12 games will decide the winner.

Friday Nov 11, Game 1 results:
Carlson - 1/2
Karjakin - 1/2

Saturday’s game also ended in a draw with each player recived 1/2 point as was the case for Friday’s game. The score in the best-of-12 match now stands at one point apiece; 6.5 points are needed to win the title.

Current Score (after Game 2):
Carlson - 1
Karjakin - 1

Game three will be played today, Monday, Nov 14 at 2pm EST. For more information worldchess.com

Think the ladies need some love, too.
I mean, I’m just sayin’.

Thanks @d-m-u! I changed the format slightly this go-around,…and so that was an oversight on my part. However, I appreciate the link and will make sure to expand our offerings for the G-Release when that rolls around.

are write-ins allowed this time?

@cybette well,…I thought about that,…however, if anyone has voted, nothing would stop them from also adding a write-in.

@jprause may I please add Sabina-Francesca Foiso?

I don’t see why we couldn’t have write-ins, just like we did for the E release :slight_smile:

Sure,…write-ins are fine with me as well. :slight_smile:

UPDATE on “THe Draw of the Ages”, also called, Game three of the World Chess Championship played yesterday, Monday, Nov 14. If you’d rather use SPOILER ALERT click here --> The game ended in a Draw otherwise, scroll down. (You can read the nitty gritty here)
The game started at 2pm and after 78 moves and 6.5 hours of play it was a Draw. A short description won’t do it justice, but the game had started out normally enough,…and at one point appeared to be headed for a Draw. However, some might argue that Karjakin faltered, others would say that Carlsen saw something that few could, and pounced. I prefer the latter! At that point it appeared that Carlsen would move forward onto a win, especially after he was a pawn ahead. However, Karjakin never seemed to buckle under the pressure and the game pressed on for another few hours. Towards the end, Karjakin even had to give up a bishop, but was able to protect his king in such a way that Carlsen repeated his last move and the game ended on a draw. I didn’t do the game justice in that short description,…so read the full details here.

Current Score (after Game 3):
Carlson - 1.5
Karjakin - 1.5

Game 4 takes place today, starting at 1:30pm

Very Cool! We are currently at 66 votes,…this blows away all prior “voting for release name” polls. And, we still have 3 days until voting ends.

Update on Game 4 of the World Chess Championship between Magnus Carlsen and Sergey Karjakin.

If Game 3 was the “Draw of the Century”,…Game 4 could be called the “Lost Opportunities”, or “How to Draw in 94 Moves”, or perhaps even, “Draw of the Century Part Deux”. So now that we have the, “who won?” question out of the way, let’s move onto what happened.

With Karjakin playing White, the game proceeded routinely enough. That is until Karjakin blundered on move 18, and again on move 19. Even Novices could see that Carlsen had the clear advantage at this point. However, Carlsen could not break Karjakin’s defenses and and from move 50 to 94, they danced around the board with each countering their opponent’s moves perfectly.

After 94 moves, and about six-and-a-half hours of play, Carlsen reluctantly agreed to a draw.

Current Score (after Game 4):
Carlson - 2
Karjakin - 2

Today is a day off and Game 5 takes place tomorrow, Nov 17, starting at 2:00pm