What is the relationship between Red Hat CloudForms Management Engine 5.9 and ManageIQ?

Does somebody know what is the relationship between Red Hat CloudForms Management Engine 5.9 and ManageIQ?

Is the source code of CFME 5.9 is the same as the gaprindashvili release version of ManageIQ?

Here’s a great answer to your question, taken from here:

ManageIQ is the upstream open source project for CloudForms.

CloudForms is a commercial Cloud Management Platform that Red Hat makes available to its customers under a subscription model. CloudForms is extensively QE’d by Red Hat, and comes with enterprise grade support, certifications, legal indemnity, a stable life cycle of (currently) 3 years, and some certified content.

ManageIQ community releases receive limited QA, and, when released, get updates on a best efforts basis. When a new ManageIQ version is released (every 3-6 months), users are expected to upgrade, and previous versions will not get updates anymore, including critical security updates.

Red Hat does not have a fixed rule as to which ManageIQ community release becomes the basis for which CloudForms product release, or even if a there is a simple 1:1 mapping between them.

So yes, CFME 5.9 is based off of ManageIQ Gaprindashvili.

Remembering this stuff is hard if you’re someone who needs to keep track of it, so I made a little something so you don’t have to remember, if it helps :slight_smile:

Thanks Chris, but why Go for printing some strings instead of shell echo’s?

I used it as ‘Baby’s First Go Project’ to familiarize myself with Go :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (more so packaging and releasing than coding). It needn’t be.

@chrisarcand Thanks, Chris.