How can I solve this issue 'The server %{name} memory usage %{memory_usage} exceeded limit %{memory_threshold}. The server process %{pid} exited and will be restarted.'

When I start ManageIQ, I get this message ‘The server %{name} memory usage %{memory_usage} exceeded limit %{memory_threshold}. The server process %{pid} exited and will be restarted.’.

What command should I run to prevent error messages?

The command I ran was docker run -d -p 8443:443 --name miq -v pgsql:/var/lib/pgsql/data -v web:/var/www/miq/vmdb manageiq/manageiq:jansa-2.

The default server memory threshold on jansa-2 is 2 GB, which is the same as our current master branch.

We get memory_usage by looking the RSS and it’s stored in the miq_servers row in the database associated with the “server” you’re using.

Check what is being logged for the current usage vs. what is the threshold. An RSS of > 2 GB is not typically normal for the server process so it’s worthwhile investigating it.

@Sso How much memory does your docker host have? It’s possible you just don’t have enough memory on the host.

FYI, here’s the PR to fix the notification missing the correct substituted values. Thanks to @himdel for finding the problematic code that was causing this incomplete notification.