SSA for Azure VMs

Running jansa-latest docker and I have it configured for my Azure tenant. When I try to perform SSA on a selected VM it fails with a NilClass error.

ERROR -- : Q-task_id([job_dispatcher]) MIQ(ManageIQ::Providers::Azure::CloudManager::Scanning::Job#process_abort) job aborting, undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass

The vm uses a managed disk and the snapshot gets created but the process fails when trying to scan.
The service principal has a contributor role to the resource group.

Has anyone got SSA to work on Azure VMs? If so, what is the configuration needed to make this work.

Thanks.

Also tried it on a VM with unmanaged disk and got the following error:

ERROR -- : [Encoding::UndefinedConversionError]: "\xEF" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8  Method:[block (2 levels) in <class:LogProxy>]

Update:

SSA for Azure VMs works in manageiq/manageiq:ivanchuk-8 but does not seem to work in docker images starting with jansa… (jansa-3, latest-jansa, latest-kasparov)

manageiq/manageiq:ivanchuk-8:
ivanchuck-8-ssa-azure-vm

Github issue created
Github issue

short-term hack… :skull_and_crossbones:

snapshots in azure are named: myvm_SSA_SNAPSHOT

hack:
/opt/manageiq/manageiq-gemset/bundler/gems/manageiq-providers-azure-e7914f85e845/app/models/manageiq/providers/azure/cloud_manager/vm_or_template_shared/scanning.rb

modify setting the vm_args like so:
vm_args[:snapshot] = vm_args[:name] + “_SSA_SNAPSHOT” or can use self.name + “_SSA_SNAPSHOT”

vm gets scanned and data is set in the database.

next: resolve why snapshot is not being deleted…