Unable to power on a VM after provisioning - PXE boot

Hi, We are facing issues where VM’s is not powered on after provisioning. We receive provisioning is success, but VM is left in powered off state. This occurs on 50% of VM’s provisioned, Especially on Windows. Could you let us know which logs to look to troubleshoot further on this issue as this issue is intermittent.
We use PXE boot for provisioning, So VM is rebooted twice during the provisioning.
MIQ is not sending request_vm_start request for second time. Do let me know if you need more information.

@tinaafitz Thoughts?

Hi there,

we are using the Jansa3 at the moment and having problem like this.
So the VM is successfully cloned in vCenter but not auto started.
Infrastructure provisioning state machine is stuck in check_provisioned method.

I found in evm log following problem:
INFO – : Q-task_id([r21000000054349_miq_provision_21000000054333]) MIQ(ManageIQ::Providers::Vmware::InfraManager::Provision#autostart_destination) Starting Vm id: [21000000076553], name: [TESTSERVERMM630]
INFO – : Q-task_id([r21000000054349_miq_provision_21000000054333]) MIQ(ManageIQ::Providers::Vmware::InfraManager::Provision#autostart_destination) Unable to start Vm id:
[21000000076553], name: [TESTSERVERMM630]. Retrying…

If i try to start the vm via Web Ui VM is turned on/off without any problems

After we do the restart evmserved, the whole thing is functioning for few days and then breaks again.

Is this a known issue?

Best regards

It sounds like a timing problem, but it’s hard to tell. Do you have any errors in the logs? Perhaps during refresh of the target providers?