VMRC console problem

undefined class/module VimString
Inkederror_LI
open VMRC console error

I need your help !!!

Hey @TenghuiY what version of manageiq is this? We had some issues with VimString’s which weren’t cleaned up a while ago so most likely upgrading the the latest stable version should resolve this :crossed_fingers:

E.g. Don't save clone_task_mor VimString to phase_context by agrare · Pull Request #624 · ManageIQ/manageiq-providers-vmware · GitHub is the last VimString issue that I know of and was backported to jansa and released in jansa-2

Hello, I use the method of container deployment, the mirror version of manageiq is: manageiq/manageiq:lasker-1-beta1,thanks :grinning:

Is it related to my container image version? Thanks!

Hello, if it is not the container image version issue, can I do something to fix this issue? thanks

If you’re on lasker you should have all of the previous fixes I was talking about.
Can you open a rails console and dump out the contents of that MiqTask?

require 'VMwareWebService/VimTypes'
pp MiqTask.find(153)

state: “Finished”,
userid: “admin”,
created_on: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 10:21:19 CST +08:00,
updated_on: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 10:21:21 CST +08:00,
pct_complete: nil,
context_data: nil,
results: nil,
miq_server_id: 1,
identifier: nil,
started_on: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 10:21:21 CST +08:00,
zone: nil>
=> #<MiqTask id: 999, name: “acquiring Vm xxxxxxxxxxx…”, state: “Finished”, status: “Ok”, message: “Task completed successfully”, userid: “admin”, created_on: “2021-10-13 02:21:19”, updated_on: “2021-10-13 02:21:21”, pct_complete: nil, context_data: nil, results: nil, miq_server_id: 1, identifier: nil, started_on: “2021-10-13 02:21:21”, zone: nil>
irb(main):004:0> pp MiqTask.find(998)

This is the output information, Is there any information available in it? thanks.

Thanks @TenghuiY and just to confirm this is the issue what happens if you exit that console, open up a new one and only do pp MiqTask.find(153) aka without requiring VimTypes. (I’d expect it to fail the same way as the UI)

Look at the output information and feel no problem, the web side just reports an error, incredible!thanks