What does "Tenant My Company access" mean?

hi
I am not very clear about the meaning of “Tenant My Company access”.

In vmware, if a template belongs to a group as “Tenant My Company access”, all users can see this template. But in openstack, if a image belongs to a group as “Tenant My Company access”, users besides administrator can’t see this image.
So what is the deep meaning of “Tenant My Company access” ?

Usually I want the vms to be seen only by the owners, but the template or image can be controlled by two levels(public ones can be used by everyone, private ones can be seen by limited users). How the ownership of template or image is controlled?

Thank you very much!

@dmetzger can you review this question from @wangxiangyu and forward to a SME if necessary.

@dmetzge did you have a chance to look at this? I have the same question.

“My Company” is the default company name set in the Configuration -> Settings -> Server -> Basic information/Company Name setting. This is also replicated to the name of the top-level MIQ/CFME tenant (see Configuration -> Access Control). If you change the company name, then the tenant name will also change, as will your access message, for example “Tenant ACME access”. This is just stating the MIQ internal tenant name that should have access to this object.

When you add an OpenStack provider, there’s an option to select “Tenant Mapping Enabled”, which then replicates the OpenStack cloud tenants as MIQ tenants.

hope this helps,
pemcg

Yes thank you very much.